• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Let's see those lures...

I was trying to get organized before the season starts so I put up pegboards and shelves to hang all our lures up in the garage.

After looking for them in tubs, in tackleboxes, in the boat, in 5 gallon buckets, haging on nails, on shelves, etc, I finally got to 273 with about 100 to go before I quit for the day...a 1/4 of which I actually use...

So after thinking about how dumb I was to buy all these, I thought it would be fun to see pics of other people's stashes so maybe I wouldn't feel so bad.

So POST PICTURES of your lures in garages, tubs, inside of boats, tackleboxes and maybe we can all get through this together...lol

(I'll post mine as soon as I get the rest up)

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

None of them. I haven't put up the ones I use yet...lol

If I could throw topwater all the time that would be my favorite. We've caught the most on topraider, cow girl, phantom with tail, and squirko.

Others would be Lowrider, Fat Boy or Poe, Skitter Critter, Treats, Twin Turbos, and other types of bucktails. I really like rumblers but they have been pretty much a 1 and done lure. They don't hold up.

I have decided after looking at all these that this year I am just throwing topwater, plastics and bucktails and see what happens. The rest are just decoration.

Hey Post, I'd love post my pics, but when I did on another site, I got a half dozen PM's telling me I better remove them because I'm basically advertising how much stuff I have for a thief to take. Sucks though, I like to hear everyone's comments on how ridiculous my garage is

Hey Post, I'd love post my pics, but when I did on another site, I got a half dozen PM's telling me I better remove them because I'm basically advertising how much stuff I have for a thief to take. Sucks though, I like to hear everyone's comments on how ridiculous my garage is

I saw these pics, and they were sick! That was funny how you were getting PM's from these people...

Seen those pics. I don't think theres a single person that has a arsenal like that. Hey Jerry exactly how many baits do you have, round to the nearest hundred or thousandths? Just curious.

Well, I am doing an inventory for my guide service, Tax purposes of course - Musky stuff only. You have to remember I have a long sordid offshore salt and backcountry past. Plus a ton of multi species freshwater history. Total lures for all of my fishing history still in possession... Probably between 10-11,000 baits.

As for musky baits only? About 5000ish

I have over 300 DCG's alone. And maybe another 300+ Dawgs.

It is insane!

Heck, I have about 60 WTD 9" Suicks for God sakes!

I have probably kept some of these guys in business!

The best musky tackle collection I have ever seen is Crazy D's Tackle shop in Elk Mound WI... I believe that's where it is. He has over 14,000 on the walls that are his personal collection. Don't even ask to buy one - He may shoot you.

I don't know, Jerry catches a lot of fish as he is out almost every day. I wouldn't be surprised if they have all been used in one way or another. I have around 100 bulldawgs/Super Ds and I will tell you all of mine have been used quite a bit and I'm just a weekend warrior. I do agree that Jerry could easily give away some lures to some kids or sell a bunch and would probably not know the difference in his collection at the end of the day. One thing I try to personally do is sell a bunch of unused stuff that just lays around collecting dust. I have some decent money in my pocket from it as well that just goes into paying for gas on trips and stuff like that.

Welll yer not getten it.

LOL

But I'm not ripping, I'm one who has a bunch of stuff also...Boxes of stuff...whole proch of active stuff....pick an chose as I head to boat for conditions of day or season.....fun an easy access.

In the past like more than 20 years or so you collect stuff cause no one coming on trips had right stuff.

Lure wise, leaders, rod or reels...some reason

I kept some of it that cought fish an gave bunches to kids or people with no means to enjoy what I have worked hard to have.

That is some bullhound collection...amazing.

Don't buy 3/4 the stuff I used to....everyone has tons of stuff on there own now...come to boat with all shinny new real fancy junk...no need my stuff.....I refuse to play trendy games or play the old keep up with the Jonee'z but still like to have my STUFF around me.

Lots of good memorys an sometimes when someone eys something it mostly goes home with them....makes ya feel good.

Never charge anything no do I beg, just grab it when I see it if when I see it the thing makes me smile and a picture pops in me brains of where when or how said thing could make my day on the water that much more fun.

Creepy.

Keep on rocken.

Tommy

****Friend brought a friend of his to lunch on the island one time a lustrom ago....he was not to impressed with our digs as we keep it simple...was teeling me what he would do or what I needed to do....bla, bla, bladie %$##$%& Bla.

LOL x 1000

I laughed an said...So where it YOUR ISLAND!!!

He shut up. ****

smile

Never fear theft.

Insurance is key, photos key, loaded .44 Mag is a BIG KEY....Big red Toro 20 HP WoodChipper..THE BIGGEST KEY.

smile

Photo August 2009...St. Paul paper by Chirs Niskanan

LuresCabin.jpg

Fun junk.....sharing is why ya do it.....sposed to be fun.

Tommy.