• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Bunk placement on a trailer

Well here is the deal, and I am including some drawings to make it easier.

Here is the back of my boat:

boatrear.jpg

The problem is my bunks are spaced perfectly at 14" center, so if the boat is centered on the trailer it would be riding on the strakes instead of the flat part of the boat. So as it sits right now it has to sit either 2-4" left of center, or right of center.

So should i move them inward like so:

boatrearinside.jpg

Or to the outside like so:

boatrearoutside.jpg

The idea is to get it so it can sit centered, or an inch or so to either side.

Or Should I just leave it alone?

Also on the back of the trailer, the bunks come within a inch of being flush with the bunks, according to the Alumacraft manual, the bunks should sit 1" to 2" past the transom, should I move the winch assy forward 3" so the bunks sit back a little further?

Well I got the bunks moved to the outside of the strakes, that was a fun time.

Also move the bow support forward so there is about 1" of bunk past the transom, while I was at it, put some washers on the bunk screws in two places, they were poking through and scratching the bottom of the boat.

She loaded like a charm!

backed it in till the front just went under water. slowly brought the boat up the center, powered it up till the nose was about 2" form the winch, latched, wife pulled the jeep up, and winched it the last 2" when it was on the trailer, took like no time at all to load.