• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

How many fair weather fisherman ??

fishon68

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I won't be as much of a fair weather fisherman now that I've moved up here. When I was in VA I wouldn't go if it was windy. I'd fish in the rain, but wind killed me because I only fished electric only lakes. Just took too much battery to fight the wind and move between spots. Now that I can use the gas motor to move around, the wind won't have as much effect. I'll just go to smaller lakes if it's windy.

Lately I let weather determine when I fish. Mostly because I've been too busy to fish but put aside things that I shouldn't when the weather is particularly good, and I hate missing a great fishing day.

I'll go out in just about anything.. not a big fan of really windy days.. but if budget permits.. windy days i'll go spend on a stream tucked in the valley.. hopefully away from most of the gusts

If the fish are hittin' weather is all but unnoticed - unless the wind about puts you on the rocks when you are too distracted landing a big fish...still worth stayin out...just go in an aluminum boat incase that happens. I just do not try to run a 21' boat in waves over 6'.

I think it is true what is said above - per angling hour spent more large fish caught in the W-word (yeah that is how much I dislike it) but if the bite is on...I AM THERE. Have fished in blizzards and 115 degree heat (dead calm).

I'm more of a poor weather fisherman...or a fair weather wakeboarder. I love bad weather because then I don't have to feel bad to feel bad about fishing instead of boarding wink

Very RARELY will weather force me to stay home. Some of my best outing have been with inclement weather approaching. I've learned to read the radar pretty well and know when to when.

The only time I avoid fishing in wild weather is when I have the kids with. With todays rain/snow gear, warm gloves, drift socks... We have lots of tools to keep us comfy and fishing. The most important item is the life jacket. I always wear when fishing in the wild weather.