• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Alumacraft Experts

Ok, picked up boat today. Doing some wiring over the weekend, the boat is a 2006 Yukon 165.

Up in the bow there are 4 wires:

Black = Ground

Grey = Navagation Light

Blue w/Yellow stripe

Oarnge

I cant figure out where the Blue/Yello or the Oarnge wires go?

Any Ideas?

Also up in the bow there are two plastic tubes, about 1" in diameter, any idea where these go? I assume they are to run wires in....

Thanks!

I have a Yukon as well. I know nothing about wiring so I can't help with that but I do know the tubes run to the compartment in front of the live well. That is where I have my trolling motor battery. If I get around to buying it this year, that is where I will put a second battery for a bow mounted depthfinder.

If you do not mind sharing, what did you pay for the boat. I got mine in the fall of 2006 with a 50 HP Mercury four stroke and I paid just under 10. Just wondering what kind of price I could expect if I were to sell this boat.

I used to have an Alumacraft and it had a pair of wires in the bow and another set near the transom. If you use a volt meter or test light I think you'll find that they are for a 12V accessory if you decided to mount one there. I don't recall if the power is switched (from the control panel) or if it's available all the time regardless of the switch. (my boat had a power switch on the dash).

It could also be that one of them is switched power and the other is constant and they reference the black wire for ground, but I want to say that one is ground (blue) and one is 12V (orange). Check each one (the blue and orange) separately to the ground wire first. If you do have a power switch on the dash make sure it's on beforehand.

Well got it figured out, all I needed to do was open my eyes (duh)

The two tubes, one runs all the way to the back of the boat under the floor. about 10" from the transom

The other tube runs to a storage area up front, I assume for a trolling motor battery, but that spot wasn't big enough to store two batteries in a series to run the 24v motors.

The blue/yellow wire goes to the rear, by the panel for the lights and bilge / livewell switches. It doesn't connect to anything.

The oarnge wire is full time power from the battery fused at the battery.

Thanks