Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
skies

dazed and confused questions

5 posts in this topic

The brain isn't working today and need some help with some questions that I have about my trolling motors. This might get a little bit long, but I would appreciate the help. I have read the other post's about 24V hookups. But still very confused. I was in the boat today hooking up my new sonar and noticed a sticker on the bottom of my bow mount trolling motor saying that it is 12V and on top of the head it says 24V. After looking at the way the plug is wired, and the batteries I don't know what to think. The plug has four wires going to it. +/- from each battery. There is only 2 wires going to the trolling motor from the plug in. (there is a thrid wire on the trolling motor plug not being used)There are no jumper wires back at the battery. Last season when I used it it seemed like it was runnning fine. Here is the curveball. My transom mount motor says it is 24V in both spots. But is hooked up exactly like the bow mount. My thinking is that I have been running this only on 12V and the 24V rating on the bow mount is wrong.

If some of the experts on here have some knowledge about this. and can get me to think this through would be awesome. If anybody actually took the time to read all this and make any sense of it I give you a lot of credit. It is driving me crazy.

Tell us what year, model and thrust you have, and I think it can be figured out with just that info. (but, I am no expert...)

They both are motorguides. The bow mount is a FW71FB Model # 9BV62lAAF, 71 lbs thrust and has five speeds. I think this is a 2005. From looking on the web it says 2003, not sure about that.

The transom is a FW82 HT Digtal with varible speed. 82 lbs thrust. Not sure on year, also found from the same web site that it says 2003. Not sure on either one though both were on the boat when I bought it. The plugs in the boat are rated for 12/24V.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Not necessarily. Depends on circumstances. That one most definitely would be, though.
    • Maybe she needs to start a foundation..
    • mysnopro all of us that Ice fish feel very badly that this person died and know that we could be next since ice is never safe. I guess we just try and find away to move on and get through these times and some humor is a good way to heal. Not really making fun of someone we don't even really know. Just trying to get passed the hurt.     Jim, I have a lot of relatives that are Native and they are going to bust a gut laughing when I post this on FB to them knowing I ice fish so much.
    • Well, since the real cold is starting and trapping takes a lot of time and effort maybe you could just hold off until next year. Do some more research on the species you want to trap,  the market for their hides and consider the work involved in doing a perfect job of skinning and stretching skins. Then too,   in today's world a guy has to be extremely careful about placing traps where someones cat or dog ends up in the trap. Seeing a nice Brittany crushed and frozen in one of your traps will probably change your mind about the like of a trapper. Many outdoorsmen do some trapping when they are younger and most of them find other pursuits soon enough.  Of course there ARE serious trappers who work at it hard every season. Some thoughts.
    • Not to get technical, but after 1 hr lost person water emergencies are considered recoveries and not rescues...    
    • They say you can't fix stupid, but technically speaking, that is not always correct.
    • So tell me,  did the gather any significant intelligence from her account?  Or was it the same rambling scrambled nonsense she has been babbling at her last several public appearances. Got a quick note from a guy a week or so back who was in the audience at some function where she was speaking and he said "nobody in here can figure out what she's talking about and and the subject seems to change every few minutes. It's a hoot!"
    • nope but very interesting to say the least
    • Have you ever seen this? What do you think?    
    • 4chan did it. Well, not really hacked. The security question for her email was "what elementary school did you attend", which anyone could google because she is famous. So someone just used password recovery and took her account.   The DNC hacking was coordinated phishing, still a simple attack, but not quite as easy to pull off by just any old soul.
  • Our Sponsors