• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

whats your thoughts?

glenn57

our polaris atv needed the starter replaced. when we got the starter out noticed might need the primary clutch replaced and the crank shaft bearings are gone. its an older machine and i believe its a 300. polaris brand. is it worth fixin? its my moms little pride and joy.

what is all wrong with the the starter does the pull start work? it could just dirty or have a bad bendix

whats wrong with the primary clutch? bad buttons?

also on those older 2-strokes there is a counter balance crank seal that is prone to going bad over time on those old motors

depending on your mechanical skills you could do it all your self

i agree with LEP7MM. if your not into the whole "mechanics" thats fine. some high school kids and really do some nice work despite what some people say... if you cant fix it yourself i think you would be better off getting a newer one or new. you can get some really good deals right now and if your mom only wants a 300 you can pick one up for a really good price.

Glen-

Just my two cents worth here (cuz that is about all it is worth). :-)

Unless you want to spend the money for a new atv, or at the very least, you know of a newer "cream-puff" used one from a trusted atv dealer......just fix your moms.

Especially if it is her pride and joy!

I am speaking from experience here. You might go buy a used atv and end up with the very same problems, or worse!

The thought of giving a high school shop class student a chance at fixing it is a good one.

Just a thought.....Good luck.

thanks guys for your ideas and opinions but my mom in her infiiate stubborness doesnt want to spend the money on it. it stays up north at the cabin and she whines that she never gets up there to ride it anyway so why spend the money. i even offered to pay half so the FAMILY could use it but nope. so oh well. agian thanks. sorry i totally disagree with her so i am a bit peeved.