Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wplatehunter

What size boat lift would I need?

7 posts in this topic

I have a 2004 Lund Pro V with a 200 outboard motor. Right now I have a 2500 pound lift. Would this work. Thanks.

wp,

I have the same boat and it's on a #3500. #2500 might be a little on the light side for that boat.

I would tend to agree with Paul. I have a lighter boat on a 3500# and have room to spare, which is the way I like it. I have a Lund 1800 Pro-V tiller 75 and was told that I should have a 3000# lift.

How wide is your current lift?

My 2500 lift is 96 wide which works great for my 84" beam. I wouldn't go over 92" wide for sure. 90" would be about the comfort limit of getting it on and off easy.

I not sure how wide it is, but I know I checked and the boat will fit in it. There is only a couple of inches on each side of the boat to spare. I would not want to try putting it in there on a real windy day. We used to have a heavy speed boat on there and never hand any problems, but that was not as wide.

I use a 3,600 pound and 108" wide shore station for my 2,400 pound 1850 Tyee. It is plenty wide and has enough extra capacity when the boat is loaded with gear and gas.