• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Harris?

Drewski

Am I the only one who would like to see Harris play more? Last night he had another great game, 3 for 5 with 2 runs scored and an RBI. Plus he can sure rocket the ball to first from short!

The Twins are facing 3 starting right handers this weekend against the Royals. I still think they should take out Casilla at 2nd and replace him with Harris for 2 of the 3 games this series. Harris is hitting too good right now to be sitting on the pine behind a struggling Casilla. I hope Casilla and some of the others that are stuggling can turn it around quickly.

They better win tonight against the Pontoon!

That is an unwarranted shot at Punto. Has he ever whined about anything?? The guy does everything thats asked of him and plays his a$$ off no matter what his role is. Punto is a team player. Harris does need to play with his hot stick - Mauer can bat second and put Harris down in the order. Bat Harris eighth and Punto ninth.

FI

I'd have to agree with you. From what I've seen, it's not like Harris' defense is that much worse if at all than Punto's. Sure, Harris can't hit like some of the guys in the lineup, but he sure can hit better than punto. His arm is also quite a bit stronger than Punto's from what I've seen. He would make a better all around shortstop for the team IMO.

I too would like to see Harris play more. I do not believe that Punto is in fact a switch hitter. Many American league pitchers could hit .143. That is Nick's batting average against left handers when he bats right handed. He's hitting a whopping .209 batting at his best, left handed. He is not a switch hitter. The Twins should platoon Harris & Punto at SS.

That is true. Delmon showed signs of great hitting last year, but so far this year he hasn't found it.

Hopefully every position player will start doing decent, so the Twins can have some leverage in a trade for a reliever. I would like to see Kubel pick it up a little, he really slowed down throughout May. Some people just have streaks.