• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

State of the State of Washington

Birdsong

First baldy for me:

3488175336_ec80b53242_o.jpg

Spotted towhee:

3488176012_752cb113c4_o.jpg

Never make a towhee angry--apparently they see red:

3488176282_2e7f7f5c88_o.jpg

Same old bird, different environment. This is when tide was out:

3487360011_0bc7b8e039_b.jpg

Nesting material among the horsetails:

3487358363_ea0413dc44_b.jpg

And finally my little chickadee:

3488178780_2917a7bee3_o.jpg

I love the way he's framed by the pine tree.

Funny--that is the pine tree right outside my window/door. Because of the distance between branches, what it normally frames on a clear day is Mount Reinier! I had been trying to capture that in water color all weekend. Unfortunately, the horizon was still clouded when the eagle arrived. Wouldn't that have been a photo-op???

Thanks for your comments, all. Dan, I printed off your instructions on layers/ luminosity and sharpening. For some reason my eagle shots all halo immediately on that lead wing edge with anything more than 20/7. But I seem to be missing a step in your process. I gave up and lassoed this one last night, just to have one finished. I will get my Kelby manual out.

Fantastic song sparrow image with the sparrow collecting nesting material. I love the choclaty look to the northwestern song sparrow. The eagle image is also very nice and I agree with X about the way the bird is framed by the pine boughs.