Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
paul pachowicz

primer prices

10 posts in this topic

checked today and found out rifle primers are now 76.00 a brick (1000). Now that's over double of what they were a month ago.

I have been hearing about price gouging at stores, where were you? I haven't been to my reloading store in a while. I will have to make a swing up there in a week or two.

is that what they are at cabelas and some of the big box stores???

Does anyone know where they teach reloading? I want to give it a go but havent the slightest idea of where to start.

I would start by reading a reloading manual or 3. there are some videos on you tube, but like anything, don't trust or believe everything you see on the internet. I also have a post here in this forum about the basic steps I go through as well

http://www.fishingminnesota.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/1724983/1

I was in DesMoines 2 weeks ago - Scheels was $35 per 1000 for W209. I bought 2 bricks. They were limiting purchases of WLP to one sleeve per person. When will this end???

When people quit being greedy and freaking out

This year my reloading supplies were half of what they were last year. So far so good.

You can always find deals jsut have to look, internet always has deals someplace just make sure you know what your buying and shipping laws (for powders and such) and you can find good cheap stuff

$76 for any type of primer per thousand is price gouging. I checked with a distributor of mine last Friday. I was looking into getting primers for a few shooters at my club, and splitting my costs 7 ways. Primers, shipping, haz-mat fee, and sales tax, brought the final price of 35k primers to $34 per thousand.

Now if a dealer were to mark them up 20%, that would put them at $41.

The only primers that were over $30(dealer costs) were Remington shotgun primers. Winch's were $29, and Fed's were $28. They had all the shotgun primers I wanted, but were limited to the number of rifle and pistol primers.