Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fishon68

Where do you find your lakes??

10 posts in this topic

I live just north of st.cloud, I would like to find some different lakes to fish, i know the few lakes around me(alex,fish trap, sham etc.) but i always end up at one of these lakes because i don't know where else to go.maybe someone wants to go try some "other" lakes i don't know about.

Really the best way I have found to find new lakes is the DNR web site you can look up any county in the state and you will tell you all the info on the lakes in that county stocking reports average fish size species that are in the lake.

Google Maps is another really good resource for finding off the path gems.

D.N.R. lakefinder site.. Check out a county map.. Maybe go to Wallmart, or Fleet farm, and pick up the Central, West central lake map book.. They are around $20.00.. Once you start reading these, studying them,it will help with your question.. I use this lake map,lake imfo. book often.. Even on the lakes I am familiar with.. Have fun..

def the dnr map or one of the books with all the dnr info in it they are pretty good, only problem is they are outdated this site will help a lot also

I have used this site to research and plan our family's fishing vacation week for the past couple of years. Just select your area and keep tabs on it, don't be afraid to ask questions. There are lot's of average joe's on this site willing to help each other out.

When i started going to college in International Falls in 2000, i once decided to take the long way back to school, i grew up in Round Lake "worthington area". On this long trip i decied to go through Grand Rapids, well on the way north from there, i spoted lots of little lakes so i stoped at everyone that was easly acceslbe, trying all of thoses lake was a blast some i found tons of fish other not so many, just so you know i headed back to school on a sunday, but i didnt make it back till wesday, i had a blast fishing these lake that i decided to fish instead of going back to college. I shortly there after i dropped out of school to fish, LOWvirgin can contest till i found my current occupation i would call in sick to work atleast 5 time a month just to fish, and alot of these missed days were going to new lakes that have not seen that much pressure, One thing to remember is if you get a report from someone the bite is usally over, go ahead and throw a dart at a map and go there, sometime you will find them other time you will just enjoy being out doors.

TRAVIS KOSTER

A BAD DAY OF FISHING IS BETTER THEN A DAY SITTING ON THE COUCH WATCHING FISHING ON TV