Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
8-Ball

Boat Cover Repair

14 posts in this topic

Hi All- Just got the boat out of storage, only to find the cover seam separated across the entire width of it. Anybody have a repair company to recommend? Any ideas on $? I would rather not buy a new one if not absolutely necessary. Thx, 8-Ball. (North Metro).

I get my work on boat lift covers done at Canvas Plus in Rogers, pricing always seems fair. Its right off the freeway on Industrial Blvd.

I just had mine repaired at North Country Canvas in Robbinsdale. Dave runs it out of his garage and makes custom covers for a few dealerships (they look real nice for those in need of a new cover). It sounds like I had the same problem seam ripped all the way across when trailering. He repaired that seam and reinforced all of the other seams on the cover for $50 (18.5 ft boot). Turned it around in a day. I would highly recommend. Just google the name provided or "canvas repair minneapolis" is how I found it.

If you fish the Chisago area, stop at Lakes Canvas. It is located on the north side of Hwy 8 just before you hit the downtown area of Chisago City. Very nice people to work with imo.

8-ball,

Had mine done at suburban tent in Roseville, a few years ago, good work and quick turn around and a fair price.

County road C and just west of Fairview.

WW

Canvas Craft on highway 10 just west of Anoka is closeest to you and their work is top quality. Highly recommend for quality work and service. They might even be able to repair it while you wait.

Canvas Craft on highway 10 just west of Anoka is closeest to you and their work is top quality. Highly recommend for quality work and service. They might even be able to repair it while you wait.

X2, They do great work.

I just got a new snap-on cover made at DNP Canvas in Cambridge and it looks great. I would highly recommend them to anyone. Their prices were cheaper and quality as good as anywhere.

Canvas Craft in Rogers just added vents to my snap cover this spring and replaced acouple of brokens snaps, they were cheap and worked fast. Good value IMO. Should have gotten my cover done there to begin with...

There is Wyoming canvas right next to Hallberg Marine and they do nice work. There is a canvas shop north of Hugo on 61, There is a canvas shop just outside Chisago on Hwy 8 and they all do repair work. Lots of options from what other posters have replied with.

Tunrevir~

Thx for all the advice guys-I have left messages for a few close by my area but have not heard back yet..will keep trying!

Have to agree about the C craft in anoka they made a cover for me in 1993.Still going strong and it it's stored outside every winter since '93.I suggest you lightly use a bleach solution with your soap and wash(scrub)your cover in the spring every season so mold/bacteria/leaves&debris don't end up having a party in/on your cover.Make sure when you purchase your cover it is poly treated with uv protection.More $ but well worth the investment!c63

Thx to all who replied. I had Dave at North Country Canvas do it. Dropped it off Mon. am., was ready in the afternoon. As MuskieLaw pointed out-he stitched split seam and reinforced all the other seams for $50. Did great work!