• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Trout Pics... 2009

itchmesir

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks guys.

Not ocean fish but Upstate NY. Salmon River fish that just came out of Lake Ontario. Nothing is more fun than fresh chromers just out of the lake, especially on the flyrod.

I dont remember exactly but those fish were somewhere around the 33 and 32 inch mark and 12-14 pounds.

Heres a few more picts...

My dad with a freshie...

001eft.jpg

This one wasn't as big but i'll never forget that when hooked how she jumped. I was standing knee deep nymphing a run with an egg pattern and the fish was close to me. And the fish literally cleared the water to the height of my eyes!

082sav.jpg

These are fall steelies comming into the river to eat the eggs from these..

575b.jpg

About 10 years ago I landed a spring fish that went 16 pounds. Every year fish in the upper teens are caught and I believe the state record is 24 pounds...

Thanks guys.

Not ocean fish but Upstate NY. Salmon River fish that just came out of Lake Ontario. Nothing is more fun than fresh chromers just out of the lake, especially on the flyrod.

I dont remember exactly but those fish were somewhere around the 33 and 32 inch mark and 12-14 pounds.

Heres a few more picts...

My dad with a freshie...

082sav.jpg

These are fall steelies comming into the river to eat the eggs from these..

nice fish.. but holy krap.. that is a lot of fishermen in what looks to be a 100yrds or less

Yep sometimes its a zoo with people. Thousands of fish like those in a river 13 miles long will do that. I dont like the crowds but over the years learned to "embrace the madness". Some spots are worse than others but for those willing to walk, peace can be found...

029tyr.jpg

648x.jpg

612.jpg