• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

It's Rhody Time in Washington State

These were all on the grounds of a b&b (sort of), near Olympia, WA, where I stayed last weekend. Grounds overlook the Puget Sound backed by Mount Reinier. These are not groomed gardens. Some blooms were competing with the blackberry brambles that I harvested last August. Some rhody plants in the forest reach 15 to 20 feet tall.

3486360099_a877993c6e_o.jpg

3486359823_f70cb9e24e_o.jpg

3486359479_023879ec92_o.jpg

3486359203_8887728b02_o.jpg

3487172740_877a4d9941_o.jpg

When I have stayed on this property, I have always been the only person there. The quiet, the photography, the hiking, the view, the rhodies, the blackberries!!! (Not to mention the baldy, loons, scoters, song birds, etc.) What a hardship it is to be allergic to my son's cats in town.

What beautiful images! I especially love the light on the white blossoms in #3. I love the whole Puget Sound area - we have relatives there and I am continually amazed at the flowers. Makes me want to get back out there again soon...