Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Crow Hunter

live well pump problem- need opinions

4 posts in this topic

Put the batteries in my boat today. Everything seems to work except the live well water pump, it turns on for about 3 seconds and then turns off. I am running it in a dry condition but always did that in the spring before to test it and it always ran as long as I had the switch pulled out. Do you think the pump is likely shot? Thanks for any opinions.

Could just be clogged with debris. Remove the strainer shield and check it out 1st.

Does this livewell have a timer on it, and are you running it in timer mode?

Otherwise it sounds pretty odd that it would repeatedly run for 3 seconds everytime you turn it off and on...

marine_man

Oops. I discovered that it is a fully automatic pump, so if there is no water present it will shut off after a couple of seconds. I could have sworn that in previous years it would run nonstop while I had it on the trailer. I did take it apart and clean the inside, so now it is ready to go for the season. Thanks for the help. CH