• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lowrance handheld GPS

bigrog

Question

I am looking for a unit that I can use with a Lakemaster chip for fishing that also works well for geocaching. Does the H2Oc or Expedition work well for both of these applications? Also, does anyone have any info on the new Lowrance Endura series? Are these units compatible with the new Lakemaster chips?

Thanks

7 answers to this question

The H2Oc and Expedition are great choices for the LakeMaster card. I don't know anything about geocaching but you should have all the navigation functions with these units that you'd have with other units.

The Endura series is due out in May. I've heard rumblings that there's software issues with the map cards and that it will be a while before there's a LM card that will work in them ...... I don't know how true that is, but at this time there is not a LM card for them.

You can check out the H2Oc, Expedition and Endura series HERE at Pro Fishing Supply.

I have a H2Oc and I like it a lot. The Lakemaster chips work awesome in these units including the 09 Lake of the woods, Rainy Lake and Rainy River. The 1ft contuors on these chips are incredable! I also have the MN Lakemaster chip and it works just as good. The function of the Navionics I bought (and still use only on Birch Lake) chip didn't impress me on this GPS. I looked at several handheld units and in my opinion for the price a person can't really beat these GPS's

I've never done any geocaching but from what I'v heard about it these units should work just fine.

I know several people who have used the Lowrance H2O for geocaching and they love it.

There is no doubt that a Garmin is the defacto standard for geocaching but if you will ever use your GPS for fishing then I recomend purcasing the Lowrance.

The H20 geocaching download can be found here for free.

Lowrance GPX converter

I don't konw much about the new lowrance but it claims out of the box compatablity with geocaching.

Talk to Gliby at any state geocaching get to gether and he will hook you up with everything you need to know about the lowrance and geocaching.