• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

UNIQUE PHEASANTS "MOUNTED"

Its hard to tell from the pics but the "buff" one doesn't appear to have any spurs. Is that a correct observation?

Definitely interesting mounts.

Correct, no spurs on the buff bird. The legs, wings, back feathers and tail seem to be of a hen. The head is some what rooster and it had a sick cackle.

crawler harness, I think the bird you and LEP7MM are referring to is more on the line of a Melanistic Mutant Pheasant crossed with a Chinese Ringneck Pheasant.

The Melanistic Mutant Pheasant seems to have alot less brown in it. That is why I question the cross of the two birds.

When the buff colored bird got up in front of us I yelled hen and when it got out to about 30 yards it cackled so I dropped it. I think that bird could not decide if it was going to be a hen or a rooster.

Just to clarify, both birds were shot in the wild.

Dan

Cool mounts!

That black one looks alot like a Bohemian Blackneck. Another pic of one is available on the strombergchickens site. A member of my party shot one a couple of years back. It even had a band around it's leg. I called in the band, and the bird was released something like 7 miles away. If I would have shot it, it would have been mounted also.

Now that buff colored bird just looks wrong. crazy

Is that weird looking bird a "Buff Pheasant." I just googled it, and they look similar.

Huntmup, were these birds shot near a hunting preserve, or some other shooting club where they may have released these birds, and then had them wonder over to you?