Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
huntmup

UNIQUE PHEASANTS "MOUNTED"

Its hard to tell from the pics but the "buff" one doesn't appear to have any spurs. Is that a correct observation?

Definitely interesting mounts.

Correct, no spurs on the buff bird. The legs, wings, back feathers and tail seem to be of a hen. The head is some what rooster and it had a sick cackle.

Could the darker one be a Szechuan (SP?) Pheasant? I know they're a little darker, but also smaller.

Cool looking birds.

Cool birds. I had one by my farm for a while that was jet black whith a white ring anyone know what that one would be. I assumed it escaped from someones farm or something.

I also heard that is a way to shoot a tame pheasant. Tame way.

Been around my kids too much this week.

crawler harness, I think the bird you and LEP7MM are referring to is more on the line of a Melanistic Mutant Pheasant crossed with a Chinese Ringneck Pheasant.

The Melanistic Mutant Pheasant seems to have alot less brown in it. That is why I question the cross of the two birds.

When the buff colored bird got up in front of us I yelled hen and when it got out to about 30 yards it cackled so I dropped it. I think that bird could not decide if it was going to be a hen or a rooster.

Just to clarify, both birds were shot in the wild.

Dan

Cool mounts!

That black one looks alot like a Bohemian Blackneck. Another pic of one is available on the strombergchickens site. A member of my party shot one a couple of years back. It even had a band around it's leg. I called in the band, and the bird was released something like 7 miles away. If I would have shot it, it would have been mounted also.

Now that buff colored bird just looks wrong. crazy

Is that weird looking bird a "Buff Pheasant." I just googled it, and they look similar.

Huntmup, were these birds shot near a hunting preserve, or some other shooting club where they may have released these birds, and then had them wonder over to you?

me and my dad raise pheasants and other game birds. ill try and get a picture up of a really dark one we have tonnight