Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MARINERMAGNUM

Eastern Towee

10 posts in this topic

I was very excited to get a shot of this bird as it has eluded me in all my years of bird watching. I guess I was never in the right spot at the right time. I just wish he had posed better! Oh well.

3485190330_5bc78d39a6_o.jpg

Excellent! I saw the spotted variety out in New Mexico this winter, but was never able to get a photo - he was hopping thru the underbrush for what seemed like miles smile

I just post-proed a spotted from Washington state this morning. If you don't mind I will post it after a bit. I would say, judging from my experience last weekend, that he posed quite nicely. I kept seeing them, but as I went to see my grandbaby and not birds, and with Washington weather patterns, I didn't get the shot I wanted either, though I don't think the spotteds are nearly as elusive. Actually, I like your environment and light really well. Congratulations, you whould be excited. That eye is something else, isn't it?

Beautiful image, the light quality is excellent. Sweet species!

I have never seen one of these beauties. Very nice golden light.

I was puzzled by your header as 'Eastern Towhee.' Apparently I don't keep up, I still know it as Rufous-sided. From what I found on the net, the rufous-sided and spotted were once considered one species, but are now considered seperately as Eastern and spotted? Is that right? My spotted images are useless for comparison, I didn't get his/her back!

Birdsong, I was raised with rufous-sided too. Those were good years. But they were a long time ago.

Sigh.

This is an adult red-eyed eastern towhee.

And a darn nice one, MM! grin

oh I love how you have captured the environment with him!! great job!!!