• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The bite was very slow. Water temps 41-44 degrees. Spawn was complete and males had evacuated the shallows due to falling water temperatures. Frost every night and daytime highs in low 60's.

Was out all day Friday and Saturday. Fished the north end by grenville and all of the south side out of the kango ramp.

Caugth 7 eyes on Friday, kept 4. The size was much better this year, all the keepers were from 16 to 19.

Saturday we caught one eye in the morning and one in the afternoon. Really slow. Everyone we talked to didn't catch a fish except one group that said they got a few bobber fishing in the trees.

On the south end we saw water temps as high as 48.5 degrees.

Sunday we went to Enemy swin and saw one boat catch a smallmouth. We went to all the spots and didn't hardly mark anything.

The weather a couple of weeks ago and the cold now have really screwed the fish up. I would wait a couple of weeks before going if you could.

looking to head up next week some time. the water temp sound be coming around... fish should be going. any reports over the weekend??? water temp??? any info would be nice! thanks for the help and good luck fishing:)

two weeks ago it was 48 degrees in the afternoon on Waubay. I bet if you go this weekend it will be in the low 50s. Should be just about right for some good catching. I just talked to a guide buddy of mine and the fishing has still been hit and miss. The screwy weather they had earlier seems to have screwed the fish up pretty good. If it is slow, think about bobber fishing in the trees on the north end of waubay. it works. Go to the Grenville ramp and hang a left out of the ramp. Go to the trees back by the farm.

Thanks for the info! i will be heading there tuesday the 19th for about 3 days. plan on fishing waubay and bitter. guessing we will be hitting it about right!? hopefully the weather is good. also thinking about bringing my canoe and fishing some of the smaller lakes that u cant get a boat into. locals showed me a couple of spots were they got some big ones last year. will be bringing 2 poles on the trip.. one with a slip bob and other jig. how was the bite on waubay? did you pick up a lot of little ones? any of the lakes have a crappie bite?

Heading out to Waubay area in a couple weeks. Just wondering if there has been any reports. Going to be staying in Webster and using the portables to fish. Bitter and Waubay will more than likely be the lakes of choice. Any information will be greatly appreciated.

Don't be afraid to hit some of the smaller lakes and sloughs in the area...the fishing has been good on a few of the smaller bodies of water...

Hit the bait shop in Webster (next to the Hardware Hank)...they will steer you right...

I believe we will be staying at their place there in Webster connected to the bait shop. It will be the second trip out there so as for the small bodies of water we are always willing to investigate. How is the snow out on the lakes? Last year we ended up out right after a big snow storm and hope to stay away from that this year.