• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Favre

Scott K

It'll never happen fellas. No point getting in a big stink over it, truth is, he is a has been, his career is over, and chilly is in love with Tjack. We are just going to have to face it for one more year, let's see a list of QB's that will be free agents after this year, maybe they are holding off for something better. Yeah right I don't think they have it in 'em.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i could see sage bringing us to a superbowl....i could see favre doing it to....i definatly could see t-awesome working at burger king!!

no one can say if sage is the answer or not the answer...he's only 31 and could be a solid qb for another 7 years...or even 4-5 years....not like AP is gonna be the best RB forever anyway...we have about 4-5 years to get it done then our window closes...if we didn't have AP and jared i wouldn't even think our team was very good to be honest.

Jerricho Cotchery, Laverneus Coles(who was lame most if not all the season), then something named Chanci Stuckey, Brad Smith, Wallace Wright, David Clowney rounding out your NYJ wide reciever roster. Coles in his prime didnt have that talent P. Harvin is bringing to the Purple.

As for a TE on the Jets they have a promising young TE Dustin Keller, something named Chris Baker, and a very old looking Bubba Franks; nobody better that what Shianco showed last year at receiving.

Thomas Jones is a NFL caliber running back, but I doubt he is better than our backup RB Chester Taylor.

Thats what Farve had to work with in New York, coming in late to training camp learning a new playbook/system and injuring his arm partway through the season....its a wonder he performed as good as he did statistically speaking.

Yeah we dont need Farve...we'll take T-Jack about the 4th week when Sage gets hurts and watch Chili pare the playbook down to 5 basic pass plays and half the field....sounds like fun football to watch. Farve plays hurt or not....you cant question his heart.

Favre "may" have more to bring to the table then what we have, but I still dont want the Drama King playing for the Vike's. Just like I didn't want Barry Bonds to play for the Twins, even though he may have helped us win a championship.

Well, as a Packers fan I very much enjoyed watching Favre play for the Pack all those years. I could care less whether he plays for the Vikes now. If he's no longer a Packer, I no longer root for his team.

Favre in purple, though, would definitely add a bit more edge to the Pack-Vikes rivalry. gringrin

You call him a drama queen but you have no problem talking about him all the time!! Kind of funny huh???

Heres the facts: Vikings will never win the Super Bowl because they will never have an OK QB. No descent QB will ever go to the Vikings because they are boring!! Their coach is terrible, they run a terrible offense, their stadium sucks, their fans cant even go to games, and did I mention their coach is a dink!!!

Now if they pick up a "BIG DRAMA QUEEN" like Favre all that goes away for the time he is there!! Maybe you should change that from "big drama queen" to the most watched football player to ever live and most talked about too!! Favre cant help it that everyone wants to talk about him!! Blame the media and people like you.

ESPN's Ed Werder reports that free agent Brett Favre will meet Vikings coach Brad Childress late this week to discuss a possible return.

Werder, citing a source with "direct knowledge of discussions," says Favre and Childress will meet at an undisclosed location. Favre will decide whether to come out of retirement shortly thereafter. The Vikings are expected to ask Favre to participate in all pre-training camp workouts, which he typically doesn't like to do. Childress also figures to ask about Favre's torn biceps, which sapped his arm strength and accuracy last season.

Related: Packers, Vikings

NOOOOO cry

any QB in the league would like to play for the vikes right now...even steve young said he'd come out of retirement to play for us.

if most of the studs stay healthy i wouldn't doubt a superbowl either if we sign favre....if favre gets hurt we got sage...t-awesome can sit on his thumb and cheer with some pom poms.

This is great!! And here I was expecting more "crow" talk this upcoming season debating if T-Jack should be a starter and comparing his stats to Tom Brady. hehe.gif Ialways, Ialways, Ialwayslovethatone..

The mileage we'll get out of this..... grin

If you're a fan of a team and the team hires a quarterback, and that quarterback helps the team to success, you gotta get behind the quarterback or you're not a fan.

Right? gringringrin

It would be a tremendous irony if the poor Vikes, who could never win a Super Bowl in four tries, finally put the ring on their finger with the help of their old nemesis. It would be good for many a chortle from this Packers fan. gringrin

Well, maybe not too many. If the Vikes win, it means the Pack didn't. frownfrown