• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Favre

Scott K

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To all you Vikings fans and Favre haters:

If he went to the Vikings and they won the Super Bowl would you stop hating on the guy and like him or would you still be a hater???

I think somehow I am grouped in that category, so I will give my .02!

"IF" is huge in your question. Favre is not the answer, but if he did come here, and took the Viking's to a 16-0 season, then won the super bowl, I still wouldn't like him. I would cheer for the Viking's the whole way, but my "hatred" for Favre would still be there.

I have never hated Favre. Just the team he played for. I think the chances of him coming here are getting better and better every day. We all know its not a long term thing, but its a short term route for a possible Superbowl run. Give the guy a chance, he certainly can't make the QB position on our team any worse.

I have never hated Favre. Just the team he played for. I think the chances of him coming here are getting better and better every day. We all know its not a long term thing, but its a short term route for a possible Superbowl run. Give the guy a chance, he certainly can't make the QB position on our team any worse.

Exactly!!! Whats it going to really hurt?

If that was the case, I wonder how fun the Jets think he was to watch? If he was that fun, I wonder why the Packers or the Jets didn't jump on resigning him when he decided he wanted to play again? Because I am sure he is just as good as he was 10 years ago right?

Extremely fun 4Wand. He carried them "jets" on his back from a 4 win season to a 9-5 record and 1st place in the toughest division in football along with being selected to the Pro Bowl. Not Favre's fault they made him throw 40 times a game and ruined his arm.

When he signs with us later in the year he'll only have to throw 20 times a game and that will work out perfect for us Viking Fans.

We get it already...DOH! and you're kidding yourself if you don't think Favre has a been good for the last ten years.

I am not blind, nor completely ignorant, I know Favre has a huge possible upside if we sign him, and I know he is probably better then what we had recently or maybe even have now. I just don't think he has another good year in him. I think his body is giving out, and he just cant realize it, kind of like Jerry Rice! He had a great career, but its over. He isn't going to accomplish anything else by playing another year.

I don't think it is in the Viking's best interest to put off our search for a good long term QB. I realize T-Jack and Sage is not the answer there, but if we bring King Drama in for a year, he will just prolong our search. Let the two below average QB's fail this year, then maybe the front office will wake up and figure out the importance of having a good long term leader at the QB position.

If they do bring in Favre, I only hope I will be eating crow, and he will prove me wrong and lead the Vikes to the super bowl.

I don't think it is in the Viking's best interest to put off our search for a good long term QB. I realize T-Jack and Sage is not the answer there, but if we bring King Drama in for a year, he will just prolong our search. Let the two below average QB's fail this year, then maybe the front office will wake up and figure out the importance of having a good long term leader at the QB position.

Hate to say it but the search for a long term qb is over for the year! Its not like the Vikes are going to sign Farve to a 4 year contract either. and when they do find a long term qb, what a great veteran QB to learn from. We got what we got and thats T-jack and Sage! I know alot of you hate to admit but Farve is the best option we have.

What will happen is, we will sign Favre for a year, he wont teach our 2 present Qb's anything, then next year we will have to give Sage, and/or T-Jack another shot, before we actually find a replacement QB. Then we are a minimum of 3 years from now getting a good QB, at that point, all of our veteran players are beyond their prime, our good players we have now will want new extremely high contracts, and we wont resign them. We will then have to start over and rebuild.

ESPN's Trent Dilfer said on NFL Live Monday that he recently spoke to free agent Brett Favre and believes there's "very little teeth" to rumors of Favre's return.

Dilfer got a "resounding no" when he asked if Favre is truly interested in playing for the Vikings, adding that Favre sounds "very comfortable" being retired. That doesn't mean he won't change his mind as training camp draws near.

grinsmilecool

Vikings have ok QBs now but they just dont have anything in between their ears!! Just like the head coach!! The difference between the Vikings with number 4 and without number 4 is amazing if you ask me. They wont do anything without a QB that is reliable!! And Favre can be that guy for a year or maybe 2! Im gonna go out on a limb here and say there is a 75 percent chance he will be with the Vikes!!

Brian if you like him so much and think he is that good, you should be trying to convince the Packers in getting him back, not trying to get your teams opponents to sign him. Or is that why you want the Vikes to sign him, because you know he is washed up, and if we sign him we will be worse off! I respect that grin

I would love to see him in a Packers jersey again but anybody with a brain knows that will not happen!!! I just wanna see him play somewhere close so I can watch him in person again!! As long as its not with the Bears I will be happy!! And as far as being washed up- NOT EVEN CLOSE!! Do you even watch football 4wandering??? Or are your eyes wondering around too much.

My eyes do wander, but I do watch football fairly close. I would rather have almost any upcoming QB, then any outgoing QB. A young QB can only get better, and be our possible future long term QB An old QB, that is at the end of his career, is only going to get worse as the year passes. I want a QB for years to come, we have a good team for about 3-4 years, if we can get a QB for them years. Favre isnt the guy.

If Favre hasn't had surgery, there isn't a chance the Vike's would sign him, and there are no indications he had any surgeries. So it is doubtful The Vike's are going to sign him.

The NFL is a win NOW league. Favre gives them the best chance at that. I don't see the "future" q-back on the Vikes right now so it would be no big deal to bring him in and win as many games as he's got left. As Chicago has shown, free agency can get you a franchise type q-back but it is very spendy. By bringing him in, you may get the extra time needed to find that "future" q-back and be contenders to go deep in the play-offs as well. I would love to see Favre operate against teams with 8 in the box. I would also love to see AP run the ball without 8 in the box. It's pick your poison with an experienced q-back and that's precisely what we would get with him.