• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Favre

Scott K

If it was in fact Zyggi's plane that landed in his hometown, you can bet a playbook and a handshake deal are on Favres table right now. With telephone, fax, texting, e-mailing etc... all available, why else would it be necessary for the face to face?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm with Guru. I don't care enough one way or the other.

He had a heck of a year going last year until the bicep tendon issue. If he can rehab that thing... watch out if he's wearing purple. However, I think we shouldn't waste our time if he's still suffering from that injury because he played pretty poorly while dealing with it at the end of last year.

The only thing I see us losing if we sign him is the $7 - $10 million we'll pay him. Sage has been around long enough that missing snaps with the first team won't be such a big deal, and even if Tjack took every preseason snap with the first team that it would be enough for him to come around.

I don't like the guy either, but the potential for our team is amazing if that tendon is healed.

Childress: Favre likely to be discussed

May 1st, 2009 – 4:01 PM by Judd Zulgad

Coach Brad Childress said the Vikings have yet to discuss the fact that Brett Favre is now on the open market and free to talk to other teams — the quarterback was released from the New York Jets reserve/retired list on Tuesday — but acknowledged the subject likely would be broached. There has been speculation that although Favre retired for a second consecutive offseason in February, he might return to play for the Vikings.

“We haven’t [talked about Favre],” Childress said. ”It doesn’t mean we won’t. We talk about everything from what’s going on in the United States on the front page today. … We talk about everything. So, yeah, I’m sure we’ll talk about that.”

The Vikings are currently planning to go to training camp with Tarvaris Jackson and Sage Rosenfels battling for the top spot but Favre wanted to play for the Vikings last season and the only reason that likely didn’t happen was because the Packers refused to grant him his release. Favre was eventually traded to the Jets. Childress has known Favre since he visited the Packers on a semi-regular basis while serving as an assistant coach at the University of Wisconsin.

Vikings offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell, a former Badgers quarterback who served as Favre’s position coach for a period in Green Bay, also remains good friends with Favre. Childress said he and his staff have been so busy to this point that Favre simply hasn’t come up.

“I think the thing there is we’ve had our heads down so hard here on the draft and then after the draft signing free agents and after that getting ready for this minicamp,” Childress said. ”I go through the waiver wire every night. [but] we haven’t really even had a chance to even talk about that. Our focus has been on the guys we sign and getting ready for this and then just finishing up the draft stuff.”

Childress did not say when was the last time he talked to Favre. “Like I said, I haven’t had time to do much,” he said, “aside from reeling in this draft and then we’ve had staff clinics this week from 8 to noon every day and then get back and putting this minicamp together. … And then see our guys that are in the building. I’m more focused on the guys that are here, participate in the offseason program. I’m more focused on our three quarterbacks right now. Tarvaris and Sage and J.D. [booty that are progressing through this program and our offseason program.”

According to the New York Daily News, one NFL source insists free agent Brett Favre "can't peacefully retire until he finds a way to get revenge on the Packers."

"Favre can't stand Green Bay," the source said. "He wants to play Green Bay and say, 'I told you so.' His bitterness is creating this. I think he's calling Minnesota. I think Minnesota is talking about this as we speak. You haven't heard the end of Favre. No way. He is bionic. As long as somebody will let him in, he will play." May. 3 - 12:20 pm et

Source: New York Daily News

According to the New York Daily News, one NFL source insists free agent Brett Favre "can't peacefully retire until he finds a way to get revenge on the Packers."

"Favre can't stand Green Bay," the source said. "He wants to play Green Bay and say, 'I told you so.' His bitterness is creating this. I think he's calling Minnesota. I think Minnesota is talking about this as we speak. You haven't heard the end of Favre. No way. He is bionic. As long as somebody will let him in, he will play." May. 3 - 12:20 pm et

Source: New York Daily News

ya, not that he is selfish or anything

I don't think it's the Packers that Favre has a beef with...it's Thompson who he really can't stand. I agree though Sandmann, had he just stayed retired the 1st time this would have never happened.

...how many pages was the Cutler thread, and how many days before training camp? grin .

Heres my .02; do any of you really believe deep down that Sage, or T-Jack are the answer to pushing this team to where it hasnt been since the 70's? Every team needs a quality qb to win deep in playoffs...your not playing weak teams come 19th/20th week of the season. If your happy with 10-6 again with Peterson getting overused then you should be happy with our QB position as it stands.

If Farve gets his arm rehabilitated/fixed why not take a shot with #4; whats it gonna hurt... unless your happy with the Vikes just making the playoffs. Somehow I just cant picture Sage and/or T-Jack giving interviews as one of the starting QB's on media day @ the Superbowl.....can you?