• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Favre

Scott K

Brian, how could you fall asleep in that place? That's one reason I don't like going because it was too darn loud. I just think that we are minnesotans, we should have an outdoor stadium. I haven't been to Lambeau, but it sure looks good on TV. It just seems like that is where football should be played, outside.

BUT, please Vikings, stay away from Favre, last year I jumped on the wagon, but after all of the injury reports I hope he stays retired or goes back to GB.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

C'mon Leechbait....you and I usually see eye to eye on most things Vikings, but I would love to see him in purple. Can you imagine what it would be like to sweep the packers this season with him under center? It would sure knock Rogers down a notch or two to get shown up by the old man. And it would also stick to McCarthy and Thompson pretty good too.

As often as I agree with you on the vikes eyehunter, on this one I have to say no to favre. He was the best QB in my opinion, of the last 15 years. And obviously one of the best of all time, but that was then. Our QB situation is already dicey enough with trying to develop a couple of bunk QB's. If we throw Favre in the mix we are just putting off what might decent in the future. I'm willing to give Sage a shot at it, if we didn't sign Sage and we had Tjack and Gus going head to head, I'd be all for signing favre but I want to see what Sage can do on a decent team. Like I said, last year I was all for it but after seeing what he did the last 4 or 5 games in New York last year, he just wasn't himself. As much as I hate the packers, and would love to rub that in their face, I'll be happy sticking it to them on the field this year, w/o favre.

I have been to Lambeau field a few times, I was not impressed. On tv they make it out to be so cold and the fans are crazy going to these games in the middle of winter. The field is heated, and they cram you in there so tight, the body heat from the people all around you keeps you warm. The bench seating is so uncomfortable you end up leaving with a sore back from not having a back rest, sure you can rent one of those back rest seats for $20, but there isnt room for them because they are wider then your assigned spot. I was at a game it was 0 degrees and windy outside, inside it was warm enough to just be in your purple Vikings jersey and be warm enough. One more thing, parking sucks, you just need to figure out who's yard is cheaper to park in, and which yard did you want the new door dings to come from!

It's all hype! If there was anything else to do in Green Bay at all, the Packers games wouldn't be sold out every year! And Please, no drama queen in MN!!!

WOW..You're the only person I've ever heard say that 4wandering!!

Lambeau is a fantastic place to watch a game. I've never heard anyone say bad things about it...players...coaches...announcers.

I have heard them state the Metrodome is one of the worst though!

1. LAMBEAU FIELD, GREEN BAY (Overall score: 78.5)

Peter: It's the most unique sporting place in North America, really. Where else do you have such a small town that can support a pro franchise and do it well, with a season-ticket waiting list of 30 years? They were able to successfully take an older venue, modernize it, and the field still remains the way it looked.

2. HEINZ FIELD, PITTSBURGH (73)

Andrew: I liked the Steel Town tradition. Those people really understand their football. It's really the primary team; it's a Steelers town. You couldn't have asked for a better location, on the site of the old Three Rivers Stadium. It's got that downtown synergy. The Great Hall is the best concourse in the NFL. The tailgating is superb and the overall package works, and they support the team rabidly.

3. RELIANT STADIUM, HOUSTON (72)

Peter: The retractable dome. That was a first, and it follows the tradition of the old Astrodome, the first to have a roof over the place. Also, I like how they improved on the tailigating. A modern, spectacular first-rate stadium. Some of the friendliest welcoming fans in the NFL.

4. GILLETTE STADIUM, NEW ENGLAND (71.5)

Andrew: The fact that they had such a wretched stadium for such a long time, toilets that would barely flush, it would barely serve as a college stadium. To think they would build such a great temple to football is awesome. There are signature elements that are indigenous to the area, which we always like to see. You've got the lighthouse, the arched bridge, the rock formation in the end zone is very cool. The game presentation -- with the Minutemen firing off the muskets is awesome, and the technology enhances the fan experience. Plug in the tailgate scene, and it's a very fan-friendly owner in the form of Bob Kraft. A magnificent football experience with one negative, expect to spend a lot of time in the parking lot getting out.

5. M&T BANK STADIUM, BALTIMORE (71)

Peter: What makes Baltimore so great is that it's a downtown stadium that still gives people the ability to tailgate. They probably do that better than any other downtown stadium in America. They don't forget the city's football history. Some places with a previous franchise don't mention it. In Baltimore, the main plaza has a statue of Johnny Unitas. I like that they didn't forget that when they built the new stadium.

ESPN

Parking bad at Green Bay??? I cant believe that!!! Ive parked right next to the door everytime and was out of the parking lot within five minutes everytime!!

I feel asleep at the vikes games cuz they were down by a lot and most of the fans left. I know Packer fans dont leave early if they are down!! Bring Favre to MN and I will go to the Dome!! I might sneak my own candy in though!!

I can see your point about not wanting to stir the pot any more with the qb situation Leechbait. I was like you last year with T-Jack...willing to give him a shot, this year I'm not too sure if Sage will be the answer either. He could end up like T-Jack last year. I guess if you think about it, being this late in the offseason there is no real "fix" to our qb problem, it should have been addressed earlier and I think they tried with Culter. I guess my thinking is that if they brought Favre in and he started stinking it up like he did at the end of the season last year, you still have Sage and T-Jack just like you do now.

I would have to agree Badge.

Lambeau Rocks for NFL Football in every possible category.

Don't mind 4wand he can't stand anything about you guys..LOL

I don't hate cheeseheads, Wisconsin, or even the Packers! If you been there, you would know what I mean. Parking is great if you are able to get into the parking lot in front of the stadium, with all the tailgater's. But that one lot only holds so many vehicles. My in laws are cheeseheads, including my wife. Sitting on an aluminum bench with no backrest is not comfortable. I have been there, and I did the tourist thing, I like the fact they have stuff to do right at the stadium, with some history of the team. Including displaying their tropheys.

The one thing is, I really wasn't a huge Favre fan, I agree he "WAS" one of the best QB's of all time. He "IS NOT" anymore!

I'm willing to give Sage a shot at it, if we didn't sign Sage and we had Tjack and Gus going head to head, I'd be all for signing favre but I want to see what Sage can do on a decent team.

thats exactly whats making me 50/50 on it...it would be fun to have favre on the team but on the other hand i want to see sage come in here and do real well...i think its sage's time to shine...but if we sign favre i won't be mad...you could flip a coin on the subject...i'm not gonna be for or against it...whatever happens, happens lol.

james i really doubt its just coincedence...they said the town has like 4 arriving flights and 5 departing flights a day..whats the odds someone from minneapolis just happened to be going to and from that town in the same day? arrived at like 9:30 in the morning and left at like 2:30 in the afternoon is the story.

I think he has a bone to pick with the Packers, after pretty much demoting him for Rogers, he was pretty ticked off. Maybe he thinks that if he joins their arch-rival he'll get the "last punch".

The Packers didn't demote him, the job was his to have, until he retired again. Then only after the Packers gave the job to Rodgers, did he unretire again, and the Packers said it was to late, they aren't playing his games any more.

Favre just wants to see his name in the media again, thats all!

well that's as close to a demotion with out being demoted as I know, according to the pioneer press, favre has hired a personal trainer and they are speculating a comeback with the Vikes, arghhhhhhhhhhh

The more I keep hearing about Favre, the more I think his chances of coming here for one year is pretty good. I also heard that the "jet" was in fact Ziggys jet and that he was there for 8 hours. I have really mixed emotions about this. I kinda want to see what Sage can do, and Favre would be going into his 19th season. BUT boy can he fling the ball. And with AP behind him, it could be a very memorable season. Just not sold on the idea yet.

10 years ago, I would have been excited about this, today I am disgusted with it

I am with 4wandering. There are just too many worries with Farve these days. I think it is fair to question his commitment and focus. I think it is also fair to question whether he can still play at the level you would expect. The last few playoff losses he has played in have been squarely on his play and interceptions. It is obvious he will bring a lot of attention with him and I am not sure it all would be good for the team. All this coupled with my distaste for the guy (but great respect for his ability years ago) leaves me thinking that the risk/reward ratio is too lopsided towards risk.

I think someone mentioned jersey sales. I for one would not buy one and my wife who owns 8 different Vikes jerseys has already stated that if I bought her one it would only be used as tinder for our firepit.

All this said, if he was in purple I would root for him every week and pray that I look back on this post and wonder what the heck I was thinking.

Favre is just an attention seeking drama queen. Perhaps he will go to that highschool again and work out for the media, this time Madden could be there and do the play by play. I don't think he'd be good in the locker room either, he came out when Rodgers was drafted and essentially said he is not responsible for training him, his whole retire/un-retire attitudes the last 5 years, and Jets players threw him under the bus before they even got their helmets off after the last game of the season.

10 x better? Thats Your opinion.Last year 22 td's, 22 int's.Not that good.i'll take my chances with Throws&falls!

Playing in one of the best divisions in football with a team that had a not so stellar defense. Now put him in place with the best back in the league, a defense that is better than average and you will see those stats improve A LOT!! grin