• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Favre

Scott K

few things to think about

favre wouldn't be asked to throw the ball 35-40 times a game like he's had to do his whole career...around here you toss it up 20-25 times a game.

this defense is a way better defense then he's had backing him in years if not ever.

our running game would be the best he's ever played with.

he wouldn't wear down towards the end of the season as a vike...he's a way better qb then any of the other 39-40 yr old qbs playing the game right now.

last but not least the best part would be it would make t-awesome the 3rd qb on the depth chart!!

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brett Favre said in February that a prime reason for retiring is that he needs surgery to repair the biceps in his right arm.

Favre made it clear that he did not want to have the surgery, and there's been no indication that he's gone under the knife. If he does get the "itch" to play again, time is working against him. It's also worth noting Vikings owner Ziggy Wilf said in February that he'd have "no interest" in Favre even if he became available later in the offseason.

Source: ESPN.com

Related: Vikings

All over the internet tonight about a plane taking off from the Twin Cities and landing in Favres hometown. Supposedly, the exact type of private jet Zyggi owns. Usually not a big deal but only 3-4 planes landed there all day. Quite a coincidence...?? It has started again!!!

For all of you vikings fans- This is what MN needs!! They cant fill the stands. They are losing fans like crazy. A few more years of losing and who knows maybe the Vikings will not be playing in MN. If Favre came around I would bet my life that the season would be sold out!! This is what Favre does!! Hes a playmaker and everyone LOVES to watch him no matter if you like him or if you hate him!!! People call him a drama queen and all that, but its plan and simple HE JUST WANTS TO PLAY THE GAME!! Give the guy an A for effort!!!

I'll give him an A for effort but I'll also give him an O, and L, and a D because he's OLD!!!

Before anyone gets too excited about Bret "AARP" Favre coming here I think he needs to prove his arm is 100%.

Last season he tore his bicep tendon in his throwing arm which requires surgery and rehab, Favre's reluctance to do either is what prompted his reretirement according to him. I am very skeptical about how well or quickly he'll be able to recover from this surgery considering he'll be 40 years old this season.

How many fans do you think will come see him when in game three all he's able to throw are lame ducks that fall 5 yards short? I think its about time to admit that he's not the same guy as you all remember.

For all of you vikings fans- This is what MN needs!! They cant fill the stands. They are losing fans like crazy. A few more years of losing and who knows maybe the Vikings will not be playing in MN. If Favre came around I would bet my life that the season would be sold out!! This is what Favre does!! Hes a playmaker and everyone LOVES to watch him no matter if you like him or if you hate him!!! People call him a drama queen and all that, but its plan and simple HE JUST WANTS TO PLAY THE GAME!! Give the guy an A for effort!!!

Where did you get this info? They are loosing fans? Really? Loosing season? Weren't they in the playoffs last year?

I think the bicep tendon and the fact that training camp is still months away are the only two things preventing a deal from getting done.

Time will go by and training camp will come. That just leaves the tendon. Will some rigorous physical therapy help heal the arm? If so, I'll bet he's been working with a physical therapist ever since that jet headed back to the Cities. I can't imagine he'd pass up on the opportunity to play on our team.

Seeing him in purple the first time might make me a little sick to my stomach, but I'd probably get over it after seeing him throw a few darts over the middle to Harvin and a bomb or two down the sidelines to Berrian and Rice.

However, if his arm isn't 100%, I don't want him, and I hope the Vikes don't either.

The reports about the jet flying directly from the Cities to Favre's local airport and back sure lend to a lot of speculation.

The losing fans statement might be a little off becuase I don't think we are truly losing them but last season the Vikes did have to request multiple extensions in order to sell enough tickets to avoid blackouts. Pretty much every home game came down to the wire on whether it was going to be blacked out or not. I think in the end alot of corporations bought tickets, including the local channel that was televising the game.

Now the lower ticket sales could be the result of many things including the rough economy and peoples reluctance to spend money.

I agree nofish, I think it had more to do with rising ticket costs, bad economy and not a great product on the field. Get a steller product out there and folks will buy. I know it's rough now but I just got pair of season tickets with a buddy. I love the games!!

I agree it had to do with more of the economy, and the place the games are played. I'd like to see them get an outdoor stadium and watch the nut jobs wearing no shirts at the end of December painted in Purple and Gold screaming for the vikings. Lambeau never has a problem selling out.

I agree Leech, but you can't compare Laumbeau to any other stadium. Those fans are just insane there. I'll give credit to them for the way the support their team.

Scott, if he's in purple, I'll have to take a bucket with me to the games.

I dont know how many of you have gone to Lambeau field, but it is nothing compared to any other field!! Im not just saying that as a packer fan either. The viking really need to do something different if they cant even fill the seats up during a playoff game!! It has nothing to do with the economy either!! If you love a team you will do anything you can to go to a game!! Vikings fan really dont seem to do that. I dont mean all fans, but it seems to me a lot get on the bandwagon when they are winning and are bad mouthing them when they lose!!

If Favres arm is 100 percent the Vikings would be stupid not to try and get him!!! Doesnt matter if they have to cough up 20 million dollars!! Just the jersey sales alone might even cover that!! I know I had my packers and jets #4 jersey on last night when I was watching one of the best movies, Theres Something About Mary!!LOL 4

I have been to Lambeau field a few times, I was not impressed. On tv they make it out to be so cold and the fans are crazy going to these games in the middle of winter. The field is heated, and they cram you in there so tight, the body heat from the people all around you keeps you warm. The bench seating is so uncomfortable you end up leaving with a sore back from not having a back rest, sure you can rent one of those back rest seats for $20, but there isnt room for them because they are wider then your assigned spot. I was at a game it was 0 degrees and windy outside, inside it was warm enough to just be in your purple Vikings jersey and be warm enough. One more thing, parking sucks, you just need to figure out who's yard is cheaper to park in, and which yard did you want the new door dings to come from!

It's all hype! If there was anything else to do in Green Bay at all, the Packers games wouldn't be sold out every year! And Please, no drama queen in MN!!!