Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
slick2526

suggestions on wich vex to buy

3 posts in this topic

Looking into buying a FL-8. What model would you suggest to buy? the normal or the deep water unit? Would normaly be used for ice fishing. Also whats the main difference betweeen the pro and value pack?

The value pack has the square case and doesn't come with a battery status indicator

I'd say go with the pro-pack and the normal transducer. Unless you fish lake trout in deep water you won't need the deep transducer. The normal transducer is just fine when fishing in 40 feet or less. It's nice to have a battery indicator so that you don't head out onto the lake with a dead battery. Nothing worse then a Vexilar that doesn't work.

Good Fishin, Matt.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Decided to blow my lineup up at the last minute.   Combs Powroznik Defoe Kennedy Jones Jr.   I am gonna kick myself if the guys I took out do well. I just can't bet against Defoe, the hottest stick going lately.

• Isn't it all illegal? Our gov used the 4th for toilet paper but I guess had Bush been in charge you might have something to be mad about. Now Obama always gets the free pass because that's your party right? There is no trusting any of these people and worse yet we don't get to the truth until it's far too late, usually decades later. We have two sides spewing half truths full of lies, impossible to figure it all out, worse if you trust one or the other. What I do know is supposedly wikileaks had both DNC and GOP emails, now if you think the right wingers control them whatever but I put more faith in them based on simple history and actions. What actions of the DNC or the GOP or CNN or FOX whatever news source you find worthy do you find credible in this day and age?

• It's a garage listed as a loft build.  2x6 floor beneath the trusses to it will take a good amount of weight and I'm not putting much for weight up there more so just a bunch of bigger boxes spread out.  I will be good as far as weight goes.  Budget would like to be a couple hundred but would go to 5ish if I throw in stairs.  And the fire pole may be the best idea yet! 
    • Before you fill it up, do you know how much additional load the trusses can take and how much weight you plan on adding? Also, what is your budget?

• So who should I blame then the Independents, Green Party, Libertarians, any other party not worthy of your vote? Oh wait, I should probably blame the Russians or the Alt Right or the Progressive? This is the problem, you still believe in the "system" that has failed us again and again. You can't fix this mess with these parties, or with people who think like them. All you guys do is fight each other over the same ridiculous arguments without end, then the media fans the flames and you double down on your party like they have all the answers. How exactly does a person who doesn't believe in any of it sway the masses who are programed to pick a side for life and stick with it no matter what happens? Sorry but I am no programmed that way and never will be.

Honestly all we need is some common sense, something 8 out of 10 people will easily agree with when given a choice but we rarely get to choose such things. This stuff isn't rocket science, it is very easy to see the corruption. Go dig back in the Trump thread, I said several times lets get the money out of politics and we fix a lot of a problems all at once. That is something most people with common sense can agree to but you get people defending the status quo. I even got called out several times to put some ideas up, as usual I posted up some ideas that most are scared to put in writing and not one person responded because they are too busy attacking/defending one party or the other. We are a divided country and until we meet in the middle and figure out some very simple problems we will be stuck in this mess. There is no conservative or progressive utopia that will save us, until the right/left extremist settle down and meet in the middle with what I hope is a large but not vocal majority we will go around and around again. It isn't up to the politicians, it is up to us to force the changes we want, they will follow us, trust me they will bow down to us if we just find some middle ground. We already have all the power, we just have to agree to use it in a way that helps everyone, not the guys writing the big checks.
    •   Dry rub is a little too salty for me. I mostly smoke pike, walleye and jumbo perch.
    • Canadian fly in bear hunt?   Catching walleye all day and bear hunting in the evening is pretty spectacular, and it won't hurt the wallet too bad.
    • They had to do this. It was one of those mandates the Evil One.......the former President, insisted on, initiated and produced. Thus, they had no option but to throw it out....the Evil One had done it.
    • Can we put my nephew down one will be hunting a good deal. @Borch
    • Paul Ryan- He mad bro.
  • Our Sponsors