Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Unattended Lines?

So what about when you have a rattle wheel down and go outside to get a fish on your tip up? Same thing as a wiz or smoke? You can’t see it and might be gone for 10 minutes. I only ask to be argumentative.
  3. Today
  4. Thick ice, go to auger gas or cordless

I never disliked my original ion but once I tried the new drill with the centering point I ordered the drill immediately.
  5. Thick ice, go to auger gas or cordless

Just my 2 cents.... I bought an ion when I built the wheel house to keep the smoke plume out of the living quarters. I have had nothing but good luck with the system. It has always drilled all the holes that I need both inside the house and out hole hoping. You do need to keep the battery warm, but that is Li-Ion for you. BUT.... my dad has a severe issue with the Dewalt salesman at his shop. He has pretty much every yellow tool that you can own and was wanting to try a drill setup. I thought it was silly to have both a K-drill and ION in our arsenal givien that both of us also have gas augers, so I decided to pick up an IceMaster adapter just to see what the electric drill craze is all about. I pulled my ION bit off and put it on Dad's brushless 20v high-end Dewalt and was very impressed. It really cuts nice with that ION bit, very smooth with no jerking. I have a hard time believing that the K-drill would be any better, but I have not compared the two side by side. For kicks, I decided to try the drill and adapater on my Strikemaster Mora..... YIKES! It wouldn't take you long to burn up ANY brand drill with that Mora. To compare the two setups... the ION is definitely nicer for reopening old holes or widening holes that have narrowed over night. This is mainly due to the width of the handles versus the amount of torque that it takes to reopen holes. On the other hand, the drill is better at getting new holes perfectly centered on rough ice due to the fact that you can start a hole slowly with the variable speed of the drill vs the "on or off" capability of the ION head.Out on the ice, I think that drill head vs ION head performed the same.... Yes, the drill is a bit lighter, but the ION will do more holes (3 AH ION @ 40v / 5 AH Dewalt @ 20v). SO.... now what are we going to do? I was able to find someone close to me that was upgrading their legacy ION bit for the new ION-X (primarily for the centering point). I was able to pick up the bit for $45. Now we have both a complete ION and drill setup, and only have $70 invested into the drill setup since my dad already owned the drill itself. Sorry for the long post, but I have a feeling that there are going to be many others upgrading their ION bits and selling their old legacy bits, and from what I have tested it really seems to work well on drills, especially for someone that already owns a drill and is on a budget.
  6. New kind of "bird" at my feeder

First possum I've ever seen in my yard..
  7. Unattended Lines?

LOL I just got checked yesterday and asked him this same question. I asked if i had pagers on each line could I keep them down. He said as the law is written a Rod or rattle wheel is considered a line down and you must be able to visually see the line at all times. Different from a tipup where you must be within the vicinity but you don't need a constant visual on them. So I'm thinking I may just set up my tip-ups inside my shack with beepers when I'm not in there
  8. Unattended Lines?

The CO that checked us on LOW this winter told us if you go out to the bathroom or a smoke it is OK, if you go next door to visit it is a ticket...
  9. Any Dual Sport riders out there?

Member of ADVRider. Rode with lots of guys on there. I just put out a feeler on here once in a while.
  10. Any Dual Sport riders out there?

You ever check out www.thumpertalk.com Lots of guys in your area.
  11. Unattended Lines?

I think that summer one is in the regs, 75 feet as I recall.
  12. New home construction.

I am no expert either but putting my trust in the builder. Talking to him, there will only be enough lumber to screw the sheetrock to. There will be no 16" on center studwalls. He has done several like this with no problems. The "Gurts" are attached to the poles and you could saw the poles off at the bottom and move the whole building.
  13. Yesterday
  14. Snowmobilers and driveways

Like Leech said, it appears that a grant in aid trail is running through your area. I would urge you to contact the club president or another representative and try to work out a solution. They may be able to even re-route the trail to avoid your driveway but you will not know unless you engage in a civil discussion with a representative of the club. Just let them know you have concerns and see if an agreement can be had. I would be surprised if the club doesn't have a landowners event every fall that you could attend and talk to club members as well to keep reminding them each year of your concerns.
  15. Wild Regular Season 2017-18

Forgot this was a day game, missed it but happy we got the two points. We have been holding our spots and even have some games in hand on some other teams. If we can just keep this pace up we are in, but here is hoping we get hot towards the end of the year. Would be nice for a change.
  16. Wild Regular Season 2017-18

Nice win this afternoon on the road...things are getting interesting....need others to keep stumbling and we may not have to worry about a Wild Card.
  17. Daytona 500

That's the problem in restrictor plate races--stay on the gas and hit the car in front or lift and be hit from behind.
  18. Daytona 500

No doubt! We didn’t have to wonder if there was actual contact though after Dillon said he had a run and just stayed in the gas. Is what it is. And that’s the difference I noticed.
  19. New home construction.

So no sill plate for the walls on the perimeter then. OK. Again, not an expert so whatever your guys say and you’re comfortable with... I don’t know all your construction details. I - sandy County Is just that; sandy. So it’s not too tough to get a good base. My experience, as it relates to this, has just been based on building a 36x48 wood framed garage in Isanti County. 8 inch block on the perimeter to support 12 foot sidewalls of 2x6 construction. My buddy that sold me the lumber said the project was only 200 feet short on interior walls from being a house. After adding in the attic square footage it had more than my house. Going with a pole building frame is the game changer. Again, best of luck. It would be interesting to me to see the completed project.
  20. Snowmobilers and driveways

Didn't say you would.
  21. Snowmobilers and driveways

Lol Leech-I don’t remember saying I was going to block the driveway with logs or wire. They will begin hitting the 4x4’s beneath there that have been there to keep cars from driving on the grass. Not my deal. I was only looking for some guidance on if I’m overreacting or if there should be som me]angers employee. So, ya, like everything else, it’s a lack of manners and I’m not crazy...yet.
  22. New home construction.

Just had a call with the builder and the concrete guy I am working with. Neither said they would "waste" concrete on thickening the edge unless there were plans to add on to the structure at a later date. The builder said no amount of concrete on the edge will help the building stability. He says if it moves its his fault in building it. There will be no weight on the outside edge of the building, worst thing that could happen would be erosion outside the building.
  23. New home construction.

Had looked into the panels and they pretty much doubled the initial cost of the structure. I could spry foam the entire wall cavity for less $ and have close to the same thing.
  24. Daytona 500

Most of the moving on restrictor plates is done by changing the air flow around the car being passed with no or very little contact.
  25. Week 1

huckfin gets win number 1 with 271 2--Rip_Some_Lip 269 3--mnwildman 262 4--Juneau4 257 5--Fishind_Novice 248 6--Swiveldigger 231 7--BlackLndProV 220 8--rl_sd 210 9--icefishingnut 201 Last year the winning score was 200
  26. Hello from the NW Angle! Minnesota fishing has been most productive in 20-24 feet of water. Guests are bringing home their limits of Walleye and Sauger with the occasional Perch and Northern mixed in. Fish have been most active early and late in the day and the bite has been terrific. The use of electronics continues to be very beneficial with fish taking jigging spoons, jigg’n raps or rattle baits. Snowmobile ttrails on the Minnesota side continue to be maintained and are in great shape. We are still making ice, with most spots at over 30 inches. North and East of us in Canada, big Crappies are coming in on light tackle setups out of 30 feet. If you are looking for walleye, they are everywhere! Until next week, Sunset Lodge
  27. Unattended Lines?

Tip ups outside the house are fine because you can visually see them which means you are attending to those lines. A line left down in your house while you go to a buddies house can't be seen. If you can't see them you can't attend to them when needed. A CO also has no idea how long you were gone, were the lines unattended for 5 minutes or 5 hours? If you have some sort of system set up so that you can monitor the lines remotely then you've entered a gray area and would probably be up to the CO's discretion. You can email the DNR and ask but I'm guessing whether you get a ticket or not would be determined by which CO finds you and what kind of mood he's in that day. If you did choose to take the ticket to court I'd think you'd have a reasonable case to present. The judge would have to determine if being able to monitor your lines on a baby monitor satisfies the law. Personally I think it would but who knows what a judge or CO would think.
  28. Sounds like event was well attended all 3 days just over 28k total. we went on Friday and had a great time participating in the bird dog parade. Scored some deals on some dog stuff and even got some nice freebies. hope it makes it back to SD again. Next year is in Schaumburg Illinois so probably won’t attend.
  1. Load more activity

• Members

• JollyJoker

JollyJoker 1

we are 'the leading edge' I Share on HSO
    • Adam NWI

Adam NWI 24

• ConnorMN

ConnorMN 0

• CLPDB