Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. Who's ready?

I hope it stops for you! Looks like it just west of me.
  3. Who's ready?

Yeah, thunderstorm rolling in with 50 mph wind! I did some scouting this afternoon and we finally decided which place to go. 4 hours of trying to sleep through the storms and then hope we only have rain so we can hunt. Duck opener is pretty cool!
  4. I found some ginsign but I think I am going plant the berries
  5. Fishin report for Lake Iwanttobethere..

BEEN TWO WEEKS since I have been home and things are somewhat returning too normal. With football and grouse season here the waters of Lake Iwanttobethere are somewhat quiet. Don’t forget guys are trying to get in their last rounds of golf in and it is a hard decision on what to do when you have a nice afternoon on your hands. When I came back we had like ten days of summer then some rain. Yesterday I took a chance and got one of my big projects out of the way. Youngest daughter and son came over and I put them to work. They dug out along the old sidewalk to the garage and expanded the sidewalk from twenty-four inches to forty inches wide by thirty feet long, need the extra width for the wheelchair when the snow starts falling. About fifteen hundred pounds of concrete was ran through the mixer. I just played foremen and cut stakes and forms to size. It pays to teach them young and they remembered it all so I mostly watched. I then just had to sweat it out as a big thunder storm came through this morning and dumped on us but the sidewalk was set and it still looks good.   Sunshine Ray is forecasting rain for the next several days so the next project of staining decks and the ramp is going to have to wait. On the bad part my tiller that was thirty years old died. As soon as I told the son he could have the motor which is not that old he called his nephew telling him they have an engine for another go-cart. I have a home nurse and PT coming in on Mondays and Fridays and Wound Care in the big city on Wednesdays. Gives me two days and the weekends to have time to myself, at least for the next seven weeks. Don’t think I will be getting any golfing in and I still have some hope for fishing and I will hold on to that till the ice makes it hard to put a boat in the water. Now grouse hunting is another matter, I can always wait for the guys to come to me. Seems we have several birds at the Resort and the only reason why Vic just shot that one is because he didn’t have any more shells. When I left on Sunday I took the box of 8’s I had in the glove box and left them there for him.   Close to the lake here the trees are full of green leaves but as you get farther away there is some color and with the strong winds and rain the black top now has leaves plastered on it. Pickup trucks are parked along tote roads and hunters with either their human or dog partners set out to search for grouse and hunts to make memories. It looks like we might have a decent fall, Lake Iwanttobethere is keeping the frost away and finally after a rotten growing season tomatoes are ripening and even the corn that is small but still tasty is coming to the table. Orange hats sit on top of heads and them spendy orange wool shirts are seen around town. You don’t just have to wear them during deer season or under your duck rain coats. I must admit I really miss fishing this time of the year. Being the only trailer at the landing and having no one fishing in my spots. The bite is usually pretty good and I am not cold till I put the Puddle Humper on the trailer and secure it. No skeeters or biting black flies at the landing and I will slide on to the heated front seat and feel the warmth on my backside, that is when I realize that I am cold. I open the little cooler and eat a cold bologna sandwich as I munch on a big dill pickle. I leave the soda and instead pour myself some warm coca, check my lights in the mirror put the Tahoe in gear and point it in the direction of home. A baseball game on the radio plays and if I am lucky I chase a sunset from one hill to the next here at Lake Iwanttobethere
  6. Who's ready?

Here we go!!
  7. Yesterday
  8. Pickled beets

I like that idea, only on the smoker grill I'm thinking.......
  9. I have yay vote and a nay vote on these guys. They just exploded in my yard the past couple days. What am I holding here? And as long as I'm asking... this one? We have about a half dozen different kinds that pop up. New yard to me so I don't know if I have a U pick garden on my hands or just wet turf.
  10. Pickled beets

You can also cook them on the grill at 400 degrees for 45 minutes or so until they are tender. I cook them in disposable aluminum pans and use tin foil for a cover offset from the fire. Pretty much baking them, I don't like to heat up my house so I do it all outdoors. Mmmm pickled beets!
  11. I have trolled minnows behind spinners in the fall and that seems to work pretty well. I always wondered why you don't read much or see much of people using crawler harnesses in the fall
  12. Very cool find there, Mr. Sherlock E. Butterfly!!
  13. Sorry, haven't logged in here forever. I actually slice, fry in butter, then freeze in portions. Then thaw and re-heat in a frying pan with a bit more butter. They seem to have a much better texture after they freeze (freezing causes the cell walls to rupture which tenderizes the mushroom). I've eaten them after a full year from the freezer and they are still great! I get the little fold-over plastic sandwich bags and put portions in there, squeezing out any air, then put those portions into a larger heavy duty freezer bag. Works great!
  14. Painted Lady and Friend

not a red admiral. I have a few pics of them. got a report back and did a new thread.
  15. I submitted the pic with a question to Butterflies and Moths of North America database and got the answer. Pretty neat The friend is also a painted lady.
  16. Pickled beets

Did that at 6:00 am!! Just peeled, seeded, chopped two baskets of 'em!, then into the freezer, thank you very much! besides, I have two big jars of pickled beets in da frigalator.
  17. Pickled beets

dont you gotta go water your maters??????????
  18. Lunch

Yeah, that was pretty much it for the day. I did have a salad later last night but it wasn't very good because we didn't have any peppers.
  19. Pickled beets

That from a guy who doesn't like BACON....
  20. Pics from Munsinger

Nice shots, bud! Pretty cool you got a hummingbird.
  21. Panfish Photo Gallery

Few from recent trips...all big ones released
  22. Pickled beets

your wierd!!!!!!!!!!!!
  23. Pickled beets

even cooked on the stove they are good.....
  24. Underwater Pike strikes video

that is a great video!!!!
  1. Load more activity

• Members

• Coldtrack

Coldtrack 33

we are 'the leading edge' I Share on HSO
    • Finns

Finns 33

we are 'the leading edge' HSO Builders
    • creepworm

creepworm 24