Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Grantsburg- Minong-Siren-Spooner-Webster Fishing Reports - Hunting

210 topics in this forum

• 1,162 replies
    • 4 replies
    • 17 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 6 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 2 replies
    • 3 replies
    • 12 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 14 replies
    • 5 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 3 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 3 replies
    • 3 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 1 reply
    • Planned on cutting the 1x4's down into 1x2's as I don't need 3-1/2" wide furring strips.  These would give me a thickness of 1-3/4" to insulate.  I thought that would be more than what Ice Castle uses.  I think they use 2x2" wood studs which would have actual depth of about 1-1/2".  I may be wrong there as I don't know for sure what they use for studs.

The reason I was going with 1x1" square tubing was to keep the weight down, but with 1x2", I could go with a lighter gauge steel, which would only be a little heavier overall.

I was going with 14 ga. steel for the 1x1's, may change it to 16 ga if I use 1x2's.  What gauge and widths has everyone else used?

• 49 minutes ago, PurpleFloyd said:

He is so outside that he only managed like 18 million in contributions in 24 hours from the biggest names in the political and financial elite but yet you think he is an outsider.

Jets owner, Hollywood producer, Wall Street titans helped drive Trump’s $18M day

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/09/29/jets-owner-hollywood-producer-wall-street-titans-helped-drive-trump-s-18m-day.html

Looks like a real outsider to me lol.

Put an L behind his name with the exact same contributions and Carlos would be silent.

• 20 minutes ago, PurpleFloyd said:

I put those in there so that you COULD understand what I was saying and you confirmed it works. Sometimes we just have to try harder to communicate at a level you are comfortable with. :grin:

I understand everything you say.  I'm just sorry you think anything you post is intelligent or has an original thought.  But hey if you have the need to feel important do I have a job for you.

image.jpeg

• 9 hours ago, Down2Earth said:

By the way you had a post within the last day or two that had a bunch of spelling mistakes.  However I'm smart enough to be able to understand what you're saying anyway.  However I see the hypocrites and frauds didn't feel the need to point them out.

I put those in there so that you COULD understand what I was saying and you confirmed it works. Sometimes we just have to try harder to communicate at a level you are comfortable with. :grin:

• Del, i do believe the chiropractic approach to healing an injury is significantly better then painkillers and muscle relaxers. Which may create the need to visit MD again to get something to loosen the stools from the pain meds. He's now billed for multiple office visits and services, you know, running a business. Stop being so naive.

• 8 hours ago, pushbutton said:

Jv.gif

I'm thinking the same thing.  

• On 9/26/2016 at 4:56 PM, delcecchi said:

It could be said that Trump is actually a third party candidate, who is taking on the two establishment parties one at a time rather than both at once like Gary Johnson.      Sort of like a fight against two opponents.   Take out one first then fight the other.  

Trump was pretty clearly not a part of the Republican Party establishment when he declared his candidacy.   He was opposed by all of the other candidates as well as the Party apparatus.    But now they have lost and are faced with losing their influence if they don't support the nominee.  

Gary Johnson, on the other hand, chose to go the traditional third party route and take on the whole establishment at the same time, an endeavor that is doomed.  Even Ross Perot or Ralph Nader couldn't pull it off.  

It was Trump who had the the insight to realize that he could inject himself into the cluster thing that was the Republican nominating process and with his money, media savvy, and recognition get the nomination. 

That's how it has to be done these days.   And it may have been a unique opportunity.    Next time the Republicans will probably change their process to be rigged like the Dems did after the McGovern debacle, especially if Trump loses.  

He is so outside that he only managed like 18 million in contributions in 24 hours from the biggest names in the political and financial elite but yet you think he is an outsider.

Jets owner, Hollywood producer, Wall Street titans helped drive Trump’s $18M day

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/09/29/jets-owner-hollywood-producer-wall-street-titans-helped-drive-trump-s-18m-day.html

The Donald Trump campaign’s massive $18 million, 24-hour fundraising haul this week was orchestrated by some of the biggest names in politics, Wall Street and philanthropy -- including New York Jets owner Woody Johnson and Hollywood producer Steve Mnuchin.

Mnuchin, who followed his father as a partner at Goldman Sachs, joined the campaign as finance chairman this spring, facing the task of getting a bare-boned operation to at least compete with the Clinton fundraising juggernaut.

His finance and production company, RatPac-Dune Entertainment, is connected to such blockbusters as “The Devil Wears Prada” as well as the “X-Men” and “Diary of a Wimpy Kid” series.

His fundraising team, MAGA (Make American Great Again) also included venture capitalist and GOP fundraiser Elliott Broidy and Ray Washburne, a Trump Victory vice chairman and one of several Dallas-based investors.   

The Yuuuge Team, a reference to one of Trump’s favorite campaign expressions, was led by Lew Eisenberg, Trump Victory’s finance chairman.

Eisenberg is a financier and investor with long, deep ties to Wall Street and Republican fundraising circles. He started on Wall Street with Goldman Sachs and in 2002 was the Republican National Committee’s finance chairman.

His political support and connections have come with several prestigious appointments including chairman of the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey, during and in the aftermath of the 9/11 attacks.

Johnson, the Jets owner, was among the first high-profile figures to back Trump. The businessman and philanthropist is the great-grandson of a Johnson & Johnson co-founder.

Others included Trump attorney Michael Cohen and financier and Fox News contributor Anthony Scaramucci.

Team Deplorable, a reference to what Clinton called half of Trump’s supporters, included financier Roy Bailey; Gentry Beach, a long-time Trump friend and another Dallas investor; and former Texas Rangers baseball team owner Tommy Hicks.

Looks like a real outsider to me lol.

• 9 minutes ago, Adam NWI said:

I use 1x4's as furring strips, which will give me another 3/4".  Then having it spray foamed.

My last house I used rigid foam boards for insulation in the walls and ceiling.  I've never had anything spray foamed before, so if that's not enough let me know what you think.

I would say 1x4 is over kill for furring strips aside from where bunks and cabinets are located and 1x1 is under sized for the studs.  Personally I would run 1x2 to have enough room for insulation.  Couple bucks extra up front. It saves you from hearing your furnace as often and spending as much down the road on propane.  

• I use 1x4's as furring strips, which will give me another 3/4".  Then having it spray foamed.

My last house I used rigid foam boards for insulation in the walls and ceiling.  I've never had anything spray foamed before, so if that's not enough let me know what you think.

• 39 minutes ago, Uncle Bill said:

President Obama on Wednesday ratcheted up Democrats' attacks on third-party candidates, arguing anything other than a vote for Hillary Clinton is a vote for Donald Trump.

“If you don’t vote, that’s a vote for Trump. If you vote for a third-party candidate who's got no chance to win, that’s a vote for Trump,” Obama said during a radio interview with Steve Harvey.

Go GaJo !...:lol:

Sounds like just another party hack blaming others for the fact they are fielding a terrible candidate instead of just owning up to the fact.