My brother and I installed a new Humminbird 898 on the console of boat. We removed the Hummin 565 that was
on the consle and planned to move it to the bow. We removed the transducer from the back transom and wanted to mount it on the trolling motor, a Minn Kota Powerdrive V2.
The sliding shaft of the Powerdrive V2, makes it difficult to run the transducer cabling of the 565. I wanted to employ a coiled deployable hose that has the 565 ducer cable inside. That is impossible to do because of the large plug end of the transdducer cable. I was told that it is not a good idea to splice the cable. This would solve the prolem, but like I said after speaking with Humminbird, they said to not cut the transducer cable.
Hopefully some of you have figured out how to make this work. Pictures would be great. Thanks